• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DotNet Bindings

Framework: Afterwarp V3
    Language: DotNet

Thank you for the great framework.

FontAttribute is private and cannot be accessed.
    Rect and RectF missing Equals so cannot be compared like Point.
    Their are a few API missing which your probably aware of, Application/Component.

It would be nice to have a Color type similar Microsoft XNA that can convert to and from uint implicitly.

Offtopic, tried to send email on contact form, but the captcha was not working.

Thanks​

Thanks for the comments! This is the first release with .NET bindings, so there are still few things that can be improved. I'll address these issues in the incoming update, which will come shortly.

Bindings for "Application" are unavailable because .NET is rarely used without its UI framework, so makes little sense to support this functionality. But if there would be any interest in creating .NET without its UI but using Afterwarp's own "Application" object, this can be provided as well.

"Component" is yet an undocumented object, it's part of Afterwarp UI, which will be coming soon, but in v3.0.0 it's not production ready yet. In theory, if you know what you are doing, you could actually create and use it already, but it's left undocumented intentionally.

Comment

Also, thanks for pointing out the issue with Contact Us form. Unfortunately, vBulletin seems to has a lot of issues lately, so we'll be switching to phpBB without porting the database, so both forums will exist for a while. I'll be posting news about this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lifepower View Post
        Thanks for the comments! This is the first release with .NET bindings, so there are still few things that can be improved. I'll address these issues in the incoming update, which will come shortly.

Bindings for "Application" are unavailable because .NET is rarely used without its UI framework, so makes little sense to support this functionality. But if there would be any interest in creating .NET without its UI but using Afterwarp's own "Application" object, this can be provided as well.

"Component" is yet an undocumented object, it's part of Afterwarp UI, which will be coming soon, but in v3.0.0 it's not production ready yet. In theory, if you know what you are doing, you could actually create and use it already, but it's left undocumented intentionally.
        The binding for Application may be useful in the future, I was thinking of NativeAOT and Windows forms was a no go last I tried. But I agree most users will stick with Windows forms so it's not a big deal.
        ​​​

Comment

Actually, yes, NativeAOT with Afterwarp's "Application" module would allow native compilation while being a UI desktop application, so that would be an interesting combination. If System Numerics is available for NativeAOT, then it would most definitely work. I'll see if this can come in next update.

Comment

Working...
          X