Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASDb

Hello Lifepower!

We can use ASDb with new afterwarp framework?

We can protect the resources in some way?

Thanks

The framework internally does have implementation of "archive", which serves as a database for all shader combinations (on Windows, shaders constitute around ~90% of framework binary size), however, it is not exposed through public API. The reason is that resource archive seems less popular these days as applications tend to use too many files that may come from many different sources, and you can use, for instance, an encrypted ZIP file, which is natively supported in Delphi.

However, if you think this feature could still be worthwhile to support, I think it would be possible to add support for this, initially by reusing "ASVF" from PXL, and then exposing archive functionality through public API in one of the next updates (there is an update coming shortly, but it's too soon to introduce this change at this point), which supports ASVF and all other previous formats.

Comment

Originally posted by lifepower View Post
      The framework internally does have implementation of "archive", which serves as a database for all shader combinations (on Windows, shaders constitute around ~90% of framework binary size), however, it is not exposed through public API. The reason is that resource archive seems less popular these days as applications tend to use too many files that may come from many different sources, and you can use, for instance, an encrypted ZIP file, which is natively supported in Delphi.

However, if you think this feature could still be worthwhile to support, I think it would be possible to add support for this, initially by reusing "ASVF" from PXL, and then exposing archive functionality through public API in one of the next updates (there is an update coming shortly, but it's too soon to introduce this change at this point), which supports ASVF and all other previous formats.
      Ok!

Thank you!

Comment

I can also recommend simply using zip files. You can set compression to zero, encrypt them if needed, load files directly from it without having to extract them and it also works on mobile platforms which makes deploying super easy. For my previous engine made with the Aspyhre engine I used zips named as .dat

Comment

Originally posted by Zimond View Post
          I can also recommend simply using zip files. You can set compression to zero, encrypt them if needed, load files directly from it without having to extract them and it also works on mobile platforms which makes deploying super easy. For my previous engine made with the Aspyhre engine I used zips named as .dat
          Maybe if will be easy for you, post a little source code as sample.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          X